Before a technician can attach different substrates to the final surface, they must pass through various stages of adhesive application. Technicians utilize adhesive primers to pre-heat these substrates in order to increase the adhesive’s effectiveness. However, you must use eco-friendly adhesive primers because the majority of conventional ones contain harmful pollutants. Sentinel is one of the best brands that not only offers adhesive primers of the highest quality but also ensures that they do not harm the environment.
Superior adhesive primers
Sentinel offers two types of premium-quality adhesive primers: one that adheres to a variety of surfaces and another that prevents moisture absorption.
Primer for multi-surface adhesives – Sentinel’s primer for multi-surface adhesives improves the adhesion of wallpaper and floor adhesives. Before installing sheet vinyl, wallpaper, carpet tiles, paneling, adhesive tile, etc., it must be applied as a paint primer.
Moisture-blocking adhesive primer – Mold and mildew may grow on the surface of the dried primer due to the moisture in the adhesive. The moisture-blocking adhesive primer from Sentinel prevents the growth of moisture on the surface of the substrate. This automatically reduces the primer’s moisture emission, enhancing its bond with the new adhesive. The moisture-blocking primer is ideal for garages, basements, semi-basements, and other susceptible areas.
Using multi-surface adhesive primer
The multi-surface adhesive primer from Sentinel is a high-performance, low-odor primer. It increases the adhesiveness of the floor and wallpaper.
Here is how to apply this adhesive primer:
- Clean all surfaces and ensure that they are thoroughly dry.
There should not be any moisture on the surface.
- Shake the Sentinel multi-surface adhesive primer container.
This primer should not be mixed with other solvents or water.
This primer has a milky white color, but after drying it will become transparent.
This primer may be applied with a roller, sprayer, or brush.
Apply a thin layer and allow it to dry.
Depending on the substrate’s porosity, a second coating may be applied.
- Permit the second coat to dry prior to installing carpet tiles or any other flooring material.
Utilizing a moisture-resistant adhesive primer
This is another quick-drying, moisture-blocking, and low-odor primer that prevents the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the substrate.
Here’s how to implement this primer:
- Ensure that the surface of the substrate is clean and dry.
It should not have any loose dirt or debris.
Ideal surface humidity should be less than 70 percent.
In addition, the substrate temperature should be approximately 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You must prevent this adhesive primer from freezing.
Importantly, it should not be diluted with water or any other solvents.
- Use a paint roller with a medium nap to apply this primer to the surface of the substrate.
- Apply a uniform first coat to the entire surface.
- Depending on the porosity of the substrate, one gallon of Sentinel’s moisture-blocking adhesive primer can cover at least 200 to 400 square feet.
- Permit the surface to fully dry before applying a second coat.
Sentinel is one of the leading adhesive primer manufacturers. Utilize our products to determine their adhesive properties.