Sentinel 922 Urethane Adhesive Remover is a biodegradable solution with a low odor. It has been designed to clean and remove urethane and other solvent adhesives often used when installing wooden floors. This adhesive remover often rinses with water without leaving any residue behind. Before using it, you should test it in a small area for the best results.
How To Use 922 Urethane Adhesive Remover To Remove Urethane And Solvent Adhesives
1. Start by wetting the entire surface using this adhesive remover using a mop or sprayer. Allow the product to soak and penetrate the surface for about 30 to 60 minutes depending on the thickness of the product.
2. Remove the bulk of the softened product from the surface using a floor scraper or razor scrapers.
3. Make sure the walls, cracks, drains and flooring are protected with absorbent. Next, you can reapply the adhesive remover and agitate it using stripper pads. Once the adhesive is liquefied, you can use sawdust or kitty litter to absorb and remove it.
4. Use Sentinel 810 to wash and rinse the floor thoroughly and water to ensure the surface is clean before allowing it to dry out completely.
How To Use Sentinel 922 To Remove Glued Down Wood Flooring
1. Use a circular saw to cut down the wood surface into 6” – 8” squares. The saw should be deep enough to cut through the top floor up to the subfloor without cutting it.
2. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the sawdust from the floor and the cut lines.
3. Using a mop or squeegee, you should apply Sentinel 922 to the cut lines and make sure it penetrates properly. Give the product about 4 to 8 hours to soak and penetrate into the wood properly.
4. Use a spade to remove the old wood flooring. The squares should still be intact and easy to remove without using too much force. Next, you can focus on removing the adhesives from the subfloor.
Safety Information About Sentinel 922 Urethane Adhesive Remover
When using this adhesive remover, you should follow these safety instructions.
• If the product is inhaled, make sure you go to an area with fresh air. Rest in a position that is comfortable enough for proper breathing. Seek a doctor/physician if you are unwell.
• If the product is applied to your skin, you should rinse it out immediately using a lot of soap and water for about 15 minutes. Remove any contaminated clothing and wash them thoroughly before reusing them. If the irritation is persistent, you should seek medical advice.
• If the product gets in your eyes, you should rinse them out thoroughly. Pull your eyelids away from your eye for thorough cleaning. Also, remove your contact lenses if they are present and seek medical advice if there is persistent eye irritation.
• If you swallow the product, you should rinse your mouth thoroughly. Avoid inducing vomiting rather you should seek immediate medical attention.
When using Sentinel 922 Urethane Adhesive Remover, make sure the area is properly ventilated to avoid accidental inhalation of the product.