Adhesive primers are used to pre-treat substrates before attachment, making adhesives more effective. Sentinel’s line of adhesive primers are easy to use, environmentally safe, and great for flooring and restoration applications.
Different substrates have to go through various stages of adhesive application before a technician can attach them on the final surface. Technicians use adhesive primers to pre-heat these substrates so that the adhesive becomes more effective. But you need to use environment-friendly adhesive primers because most of the regular ones contain harmful pollution-causing elements. Sentinel is one of the best brands that not only provides premium-quality adhesive primers but also makes sure they don’t harm the environment.
High-quality adhesive primers
Sentinel offers two types of premium-quality adhesive primers: one that is suitable for multiple surfaces and the other to block moisture.
1. Multi-surface adhesive primer – Sentinel’s multi-surface adhesive primer improves the adhesive capabilities of wallpaper and floor adhesives. You need to apply it like paint primer before installing sheet vinyl, wallpaper, carpet tile, paneling, stick tile, etc.
2. Moisture-blocking adhesive primer – Sometimes mold and mildew grow on the dried primer surface because of the moisture in the adhesive. Sentinel’s moisture-blocking adhesive primer doesn’t allow moisture to grow on the substrate’s surface. This automatically lowers the moisture emission from the primer, thus improving its bonding with the new adhesive. The moisture-blocking primer is ideal for garages, basements, semi-basements, and other areas that are prone to moisture concerns.
Using multi-surface adhesive primer
Sentinel’s multi-surface adhesive primer is a high-performance primer with low odor. It increases the floor and wallpaper’s adhesion capabilities. Here’s how you need to use this adhesive primer:
• Clean all the surfaces and make sure they are completely dry. There should not be even a drop or spec of moisture on the surface.
• Shake the container of Sentinel’s multi-surface adhesive primer. You shouldn’t mix this primer with other solvents or water. This primer has a milky white color but will dry and become translucent after some time.
• You can use a roller, sprayer, or brush to apply this prime. First, apply a thin coat and let it dry. You may apply a second coat, depending on the porosity of the substrate.
• Allow the second coat to dry before installing carpet tile or any other flooring material.
Using moisture-blocking adhesive primer
This is another fast-drying, moisture-blocking, and low odor primer that doesn’t allow moisture to grow on the substrate’s surface. Here’s how you should apply this primer:
• Make sure the substrate surface is clean and dry. It shouldn’t contain any loose debris or dirt. Ideally, the surface should have less than 70% humidity. Moreover, the temperature of the substrate should be approximately 60o F.
• You shouldn’t allow this adhesive primer to freeze. Most importantly, you shouldn’t dilute it with water or any solvents.
• Take a medium nap paint roller to apply this primer on the substrate’s surface.
• Apply the first coat evenly on the entire surface.
• A gallon of Sentinel’s moisture-blocking adhesive primer can cover at least 200 to 400 square feet, depending on the substrate’s porosity.
• Allow the surface to dry completely before applying a second coat.
Sentinel is one of the leading manufacturers of adhesive primers. Use our products to understand their adhesive capabilities.
This unique product creates a moisture barrier on the substrate surface that lowers moisture emission and improves the bonding ability of new adhesive while also inhibiting the growth of mold and mildew on the dried primer surface. This product is great for use in basements, garages, and other areas where moisture is a concern.
- A cleaner environment remains essential in this day and age. Sentinel Products is committed to offering state-of-the-art solutions including cleaners, degreasers, and adhesive removers that are fully compliant with new-age green standards. Being able to …Read More »
- Do you have an HVAC system installed at your household? It may provide you with ample amounts of hot and cool air throughout the year. However, there are certain problems that can arise after you …Read More »
- Once you decide that you need to restore and preserve industrial, residential and commercial buildings, you will undoubtedly have to do it most effectively. The latter entails using cleaning products from Sentinel that are safe …Read More »