Adhesive primers are used to pre-treat substrates before attachment, making adhesives more effective. Sentinel’s line of adhesive primers are easy to use, environmentally safe, and great for flooring and restoration applications.
Before a technician can attach different substrates to the final surface, they must pass through various stages of adhesive application. Technicians utilize adhesive primers to pre-heat these substrates in order to increase the adhesive’s effectiveness. However, you must use eco-friendly adhesive primers because the majority of conventional ones contain harmful pollutants. Sentinel is one of the best brands that not only offers adhesive primers of the highest quality but also ensures that they do not harm the environment.
Superior adhesive primers
Sentinel offers two types of premium-quality adhesive primers: one that adheres to a variety of surfaces and another that prevents moisture absorption.
Primer for multi-surface adhesives – Sentinel’s primer for multi-surface adhesives improves the adhesion of wallpaper and floor adhesives. Before installing sheet vinyl, wallpaper, carpet tiles, paneling, adhesive tile, etc., it must be applied as a paint primer.
Moisture-blocking adhesive primer – Mold and mildew may grow on the surface of the dried primer due to the moisture in the adhesive. The moisture-blocking adhesive primer from Sentinel prevents the growth of moisture on the surface of the substrate. This automatically reduces the primer’s moisture emission, enhancing its bond with the new adhesive. The moisture-blocking primer is ideal for garages, basements, semi-basements, and other susceptible areas.
Using multi-surface adhesive primer
The multi-surface adhesive primer from Sentinel is a high-performance, low-odor primer. It increases the adhesiveness of the floor and wallpaper.
Here is how to apply this adhesive primer:
- Clean all surfaces and ensure that they are thoroughly dry.
There should not be any moisture on the surface.
- Shake the Sentinel multi-surface adhesive primer container.
This primer should not be mixed with other solvents or water.
This primer has a milky white color, but after drying it will become transparent.
This primer may be applied with a roller, sprayer, or brush.
Apply a thin layer and allow it to dry.
Depending on the substrate’s porosity, a second coating may be applied.
- Permit the second coat to dry prior to installing carpet tiles or any other flooring material.
Utilizing a moisture-resistant adhesive primer
This is another quick-drying, moisture-blocking, and low-odor primer that prevents the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the substrate.
Here’s how to implement this primer:
- Ensure that the surface of the substrate is clean and dry.
It should not have any loose dirt or debris.
Ideal surface humidity should be less than 70 percent.
In addition, the substrate temperature should be approximately 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You must prevent this adhesive primer from freezing.
Importantly, it should not be diluted with water or any other solvents.
- Use a paint roller with a medium nap to apply this primer to the surface of the substrate.
- Apply a uniform first coat to the entire surface.
- Depending on the porosity of the substrate, one gallon of Sentinel’s moisture-blocking adhesive primer can cover at least 200 to 400 square feet.
- Permit the surface to fully dry before applying a second coat.
Sentinel is one of the leading adhesive primer manufacturers. Utilize our products to determine their adhesive properties.
Different substrates have to go through various stages of adhesive application before a technician can attach them on the final surface. Technicians use adhesive primers to pre-heat these substrates so that the adhesive becomes more effective. But you need to use environment-friendly adhesive primers because most of the regular ones contain harmful pollution-causing elements. Sentinel is one of the best brands that not only provides premium-quality adhesive primers but also makes sure they don’t harm the environment.
Using multi-surface adhesive primer
Sentinel’s multi-surface adhesive primer is a high-performance primer with low odor. It increases the floor and wallpaper’s adhesion capabilities. Here’s how you need to use this adhesive primer:
• Clean all the surfaces and make sure they are completely dry. There should not be even a drop or spec of moisture on the surface.
• Shake the container of Sentinel’s multi-surface adhesive primer. You shouldn’t mix this primer with other solvents or water. This primer has a milky white color but will dry and become translucent after some time.
• You can use a roller, sprayer, or brush to apply this prime. First, apply a thin coat and let it dry. You may apply a second coat, depending on the porosity of the substrate.
• Allow the second coat to dry before installing carpet tile or any other flooring material.
Sentinel is one of the leading manufacturers of adhesive primers. Use our products to understand their adhesive capabilities.
- Homeowners are sometimes confused about the products they should use to create a cleaner and healthier environment. It is important to select the correct product when searching for cleaning products. This includes cleaning for professional …Read More »
- The environment is a major concern for people today. They are aware that they must do their part in order to ensure that the world will survive well into future. It is crucial to select …Read More »
- Many people are frustrated by the inability to get rid of smoke or odors. In the past, they have not been able find a solution that works so they continue to try. Sentinel cleaning products …Read More »